Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Hiking

On Monday and Tuesday I took both my kids and we went hiking at Oak Canyon Nature Center in Anaheim Hills.  I put my son in his car seat and settle it in on the jogger and off we went.  I didn't think I was going to have a hard time but I did break a sweat.  We stayed on the main trails because most other trails had stairs and it was just way too complicated to get the jogger up them.  We only stayed there for about 30-40 minutes because Ximena wanted to join her brother on the jogger; she started getting tired.  On Tuesday she did last longer though.  Today unfortunately I couldn't take them because I had many errands to run and I wasn't going to have time.  Ximena's last day of summer school was last Friday, this is the primary reason why I decided to go for a hike so we wouldn't be cooped up inside.  Anyway, since Ximena has been with me all day I haven't done my "Get Running" program neither Monday nor yesterday.  Today I did do it, however, I had to do it inside my house.  I kept running around the dinner table, down the hall and turning in my son's room.  When there's a will there's a way right?  I figured since I've gone hiking it's ok if I missed the first two days of the second week.  

On Saturday I am joining my cousin in some exercise program she has been going to for quite a while now.  I've never been but I've heard many "horror" stories jajajaja.  Horror stories I say because they are pretty intense and hard core.  I'm kinda scared I'm not going to lie.  Only because I know I am really out of shape and I just hope I can last.  I will let you know how that went after Saturday.  The best part is that its totally and completely free!! Check out their website http://networkfitness.com/

Lastly I want to add that it seems like I finally got through to my husband :)  Looks like he will be joining me in this new healthy lifestyle I am embarking on.  You don't know how happy I am about that.   I will keep you posted on his progress as well :)

No comments:

Post a Comment