Monday, August 8, 2011

Network Fitness

OMG!!! I am so sore!!! I can't believe I actually finished the session.  I'm very proud of myself.  It was very intense but oh so worth it.  I'm thinking about buying some session during the week and still attending the saturday class.  Well here is a bit of a run down of what we did.  After you warm up the group is divided in two "teams".  There are two breakdowns of workouts written down on a white board.  The instructor goes over each work out and the repetitions for each work our.  After everyone is aware of all the workouts on each session team 1 and team 2 flip to choose who wins and decides which session they want to start with.  Once thats done the music starts playing and you start your work out.  After 15 minutes of repeating the session you get a small break, then the teams switch to do the other session.  After another 15 minutes it's over then we take group pictures, stretch and each amazingly delicious fruit.  Ok so here was the breakdown of each session.  (Can't remember exactly the number of repetitions for each, but you'll get the idea):

Session 1:


FWD jump rope X 100
BWD jump rope X 45

Crab Crwal (about 5-7 yards)

Jump on circular rings (about 3 feet apart, both feet in circle)

kayaks X 45

Squats X12

*Keep repeating until the 15 minutes is over

Session 2


10 X 12" box jump w/ burpees

10 X pull body up and have toes touch bar/ pull knees to chest

10 X put fit over head to touch wall/ walk feet up wall

20 X lunges

*Keep repeating until 15 minutes is over

I am not sure of the correct terminology of each exercise so I just named it based on how the exercise was, Sorry...

So anyway, even though it was only for 15 each they were one hell of a workout.  My thighs are completely sore and I can barely sit or stand without whining.  I am really excited about the workouts and I plan on going back, maybe even doing more than just once a week.  For this I have to consult my husband and see what our budget is like.

I also wanted to add that we are going to take up bike riding.  This is something my husband is really motivated in and I am just going to join him on the ride.  I'll keep you posted :)



10 X Burpees

4 comments:

  1. Wow, that is a really good 30 min work out. Keep up the good work! I would be very sore as well!
    Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! I'm your new follower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm jealous!! I wish I could afford training but oh well, poor people have to make do with what they have:/ lol keep up the good work and don't give up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, the Saturday workouts are free :) If I wanted to do more than that or have a one on one then yes, I would have to pay. For now, Saturdays work great...

    ReplyDelete