Thursday, July 28, 2011

Get Running

On Wednesday I did day two of the Get Running challenge.  I did it again!!! I felt better than the first day that I did it.  I'm sure that the more and more I do it the easier it will be for me.  Tomorrow Friday will be day three and I plan on doing it with flying colors :)

The Pedometer that I got and started using is working great.  Did I mention I got one for my husband?  Yup, I am pushing him and pushing him to join me in this healthier transformation I am embarking on, or should I say "we" are embarking on.  Well, last post I mentioned that I was aiming for 10K steps a day just on the house alone.  Well.... Yesterday that I did my 30 minutes of jog/walk exercise with my "Get Running" app I only managed to put in 6400 steps.  WOW!! I thought easily I was going to hit the 10K.  Thats not mentioning that I also went grocery shopping and I stopped by Target to get some pencils and paper for my daughter.  Hadn't really realized that 10K is a lot.  The RD at the nutrition class told us that 10K daily steps was recommended to loose weight.  Anywhere between 6-8K steps a day was recommended to maintain current weight.  I guess I have to bump it up a notch to hit the 10K steps each day.

Today I am not feeling all that motivated.  My house feels like a circus.  I have men taking out the pavement on my driveway, another man cutting down a yucca tree in my back yard and putting in through the "chipper" (that totally reminded me of friends when Joey was working at the Christmas tree lot) and another man working inside my kitchen on the dishwasher.  Oh, and that's not mentioning my 81 year grandma and two cousins I am looking after this week.  Blah!! That is exactly how I feel.  Can't go into my kitchen to cook my food and all I've eating is cereal with a banana and some chex mix.  I'm hoping I can fit in at least 20 minutes of walking later in the afternoon.  Blah!!

No comments:

Post a Comment