Sunday, September 11, 2011

Soooo...

So I went back to work on Tuesday and I am already hating it!  I've had a disagreement with the supervisor and a meeting with both the manager and the supervisor.  Long story short, the day I got back from my maternity leave I submitted my request for a day off (before you jump to conclusion let me just say that I am a bridesmaid at my cousins wedding so clearly I need the day off), anyway the supervisor denied my request; after emailing back and form saying I need it, no I can't get it the sup scheduled a meeting for us three.  Well, needless to say the manager also said no.  She pretty much told me there was nothing she could do to help me. Oh, and to top it off she said that if I called in sick she would write me up and that my job was on the line.  So yeah.... Can you see why I am so upset.  First I didn't want to go back to work and now with this I really don't want to be there.  I am stressing out, lashing out on my husband, missing out spending time with my son, unable to attend to my daughter the way I want to, all because I have to work to get some damn medical insurance.  I hate this!!!

In other news, I am still continuing my workouts.  I am going twice a week between 5:30-6 am.  I go early because in the afternoon I don't have enough time to do anything because of stupid work! Anyway, the workouts are super intense but I really enjoy them.  Well let me clarify, I hate them as I am doing them, but I love the way I feel once I've finished.  I've had to stop going to the Saturday free ones because my daughter started soccer already and her games are on Saturdays anywhere between 9-11 in the morning.  I know, right in the middle of the workout.  I am thinking of going 3 times a week in the mornings.  Even though I will pay about 30 bucks more I am ok with it because they are really that good of a work out. 

Ok, I am going to "man up" and humble myself and share my current weight.  I said I wasn't going to weigh my self but once a month at the beginning of the month and so far I've committed. Ok so here it goes... drum roll please.... My current weight is.... 184lbs.  There I said it, huge weight has been lifted off my sholders LOL, JK.  But I was/am a little embarrassed of those numbers on the scale cause' one, I'm only 5'2 and two it's already been 4 1/2 months since my son was born and I feel like I haven't made any progress.  I hate to admit it but even though I am busting my behind not only doing the intense workouts but also waking up at 4:45 in the morning twice a week (don't know which is harder, waking up so early or doing the workouts) I've noticed I haven't really changed my eating habits.  I've come to the conclusion that if I don't change and watch what is put in my mouth I will not notice the outcomes no matter how much and how hard I work out.  God I need help!  I need to learn how to push away the food that is in front of me and learn to listen to my body.  Stop eating when I am satisfied and not wait till' I'm full.  I'm sure a lot of you can relate. Right?  Each Monday is a "new beginning", or like us Mexicans say "El lunes comienzo la dieta". Well, each beginning seems to only last that Monday.  Shocker!!! Shall I continue rambling on....jajajaja  Help me people please!  I need a buddy who is going through the same thing as me :( Any volunteers?

3 comments:

  1. Omg Mayra! I can't believe they are being super rude to you at work!? what was the reason for denying you the day off? You are super lucky to be able to afford training sessions and if you don't change your eating habits..de nada te va a servir. I wish I could pay for some boot camp classes but I have to make do with what I have. Right now I'm really trying to take control over the food I eat so I just go about reading other people's blogs and I've found the more I read the sooner I get back on track (after going off track)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to them no more than two people can be out at any given time. How the hell was I suppose to put my request when I have been gone for 5 month on maternity leave. And she even had the audacity to say I could go to the VP or HR if I wanted to. Dude I was so pissed off I was crying. That cry where you feel helpless. OMG, I was so ready to put my two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so sorry you are going through this. You job may be looking to get you to quit. Don't let them win girl. This will work itself out. Stay strong.

    ReplyDelete